Kindling Director Peter Schulte is writing a book about humanity’s emergent genius from the first fire to today’s good news. The book – entitled “Genius!” – is meant to examine humanity’s shameful, limiting stories about itself and inspire possibility and action for a brighter tomorrow. Each week, Peter will post short excerpts from the book right here.
Table of Contents (Draft, Incomplete)
Part 1: Humanity’s Genius
- The most fascinating and important time to be alive in the history of humanity
- What is “genius”?
- A visitor from another planet
Part 2: Humanity’s Shame
- Humanity’s shame
- Shame story #1: “It’s getting worse”
- Shame story #2: Nothing ever changes
- Shame story #3: “It just human nature”
- Shame story #4: “Not enough change”
Part 3: Humanity’s Evolution
- Myth & Ritual
- Law & Order
- Science & Reason
- The Unknown
Part 4: Humanity’s Future
- Our Hero’s Journey
- The Call to Action
September 10, 2018
There is more possibility to do bad now than ever. There is also more ability to do good now than ever. Which will we choose? How will our generation be remembered?