Kindling Director Peter Schulte is writing a book about humanity’s emergent genius from the first fire to today’s good news. The book – entitled “Genius!: A Story of Humanity’s Ever-Evolving Beauty” – is meant to examine humanity’s shameful, limiting stories about itself and inspire possibility and action for a brighter tomorrow.
You can read drafts of the first few chapters below. To read the entire draft and follow live via Google Docs as Peter updates and refines it (nearly) every day, become a Kindling patron!
Table of Contents (Draft, Incomplete)
- The most fascinating and important time to be alive in the history of humanity
- What is “genius”?
- A visitor from another planet
Part 2: Humanity’s Shame, The Old Story
- Humanity’s shame
- Shame story #1: “It’s getting worse”
- Shame story #2: Nothing ever changes
- Shame story #3: “It’s just human nature”
- Shame story #4: “Not enough change”
- Shame story #5: Humanity is a sickness
Part 3: Humanity’s Evolution
- An infant’s expanding mind
- An adult’s expanding mind
- Humanity’s expanding mind
Part 4: Humanity’s Genius, The New Story
Part 5: Humanity’s Future
- Our Hero’s Journey
- The Call to Action
- Just a Story