The latest mass shootings here in the U.S. brought up a lot for me. Sadness. Anger. Helplessness. Guilt. More than anything, I keep turning over in my head what any of us can actually do to help.
But beyond passing common sense gun control laws, in my mind the best thing we can do is to see this as a masculinity issue – both to confront toxic masculinity but also examine all the ways our society fails our boys and men.
The best way I know how is the ManKind Project. Join me and tens of thousands of other men who are doing the hard, essential work of stepping into a new, healthy, beautiful masculinity.
- There is no objective definition of humanity. There is no objective time when humanity began. These are all stories we created for ourselves to help make sense of our world. Read More »
- 155 businesses, representing five million employees and a combined market capitalization of over $2 trillion USD, are urging governments around the world to develop economic recovery policies responding to COVID-19 that also advance climate goals over the short- and long-terms. Read More »
- Earlier this month, social media giant Twitter announced a new policy counteracting unchecked misinformation and harmful content on its platform. This week, it begun implementing its new policy on the highest stage possible - warning users against President Trump's reckless and unsubstantiated claims. Read More »
- Perhaps the most heroic thing I can do is to let go of the need to be the Hero. Read More »
- This new data demonstrates significant progress in reducing both overall incarceration across the country and the disproportionate effects of our justice system on communities of color. Read More »