To kindle humanity’s evolution toward kindness
What is Kindling?
Kindling is a 501(c)(3) non-profit online media organization based in Bellingham, WA, USA. We showcase today’s social change from all around the world, yesterday’s moments of genius, and tomorrow’s possibilities to inspire action for a new world rooted in kindness.
We envision an equitable, sustainable, and thriving human society propelled by kindness – the capacity, willingness, and commitment to treat one another as kin. Kindness in practice means:
- Preserving Earth for future generations
- Practicing gratitude for past generations
- Maintaining shared stories and traditions
- Cultivating self-compassion and accountability
- Honoring people of all races, orientations, and beliefs
- Serving the poor and marginalized
- Building generative economies
- Fostering local and global community
Meet the Team
Founder & Director
Peter Schulte is the founder and editor of Kindling. Peter is also Senior Digital Engagement Associate for the Pacific Institute and the UN Global Compact’s CEO Water Mandate, connecting businesses to sustainable water practices. Peter holds a B.S. in Conservation and Resource Studies and a B.A. in Comparative Literature from University of California, Berkeley, and an M.B.A. in Sustainable Systems from Pinchot University. He lives in Bellingham, WA, USA with his wife, son, and cat.